Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This impressive, light frozen fruit salad will make any occasion special. Enjoy!
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 16 ounces frozen mixed fruit, do not thaw (such as strawberries, cherries, peaches, and honeydew)
- 6 ounces maraschino cherries, drained and halved (reserve 5 whole cherries)
- 8 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream, whipped
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small sauce pan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Cool.
- Combine frozen fruit, pineapple chunks, cottage cheese, and maraschino cherries; add egg mixture and stir gently. Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into lightly greased 10-inch springform tube pan; cover and freeze.
- When ready to serve, remove from pan, garnish with reserved cherries. Let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes before serving. Salad should be very firm but easy to slice.
- Note: To reduce calories, use 13 oz. carton whipped topping in place of the whipped cream.
- Note: Cook time is freeze time plus stand time.