Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorite Alaska food memories. My mom would make this if we begged and begged and begged until she relented. The recipe is from the Pioneers of Alaska Cookbook; Mabel Holbrook submitted the recipe.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk or 1⁄2 pint cream
- 1 cup snow, clean and fresh (1 bowl)
- Original directions- Whip.
- Note- I usually mix the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Then add the evaporated milk. Mix a little bit of snow really well, then add bit by bit. The amount of snow varies depending on the wetness.
- This must be eaten right away. It is really good with a homemade chocolate sauce. YUM!