Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are wonderful little appetizers! I found the recipe on the net, and adapted it to suit our tastes. NOTE: cook time listed is the time needed to chill the appetizers.
- 1 large cucumber
- 6 1⁄2 ounces snow crab meat, already cooked
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onions, finely grated
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 5 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- salt (optional)
- Cut the ends off the cucumber.
- Cut the cucumber into three pieces.
- Use a knife to core the cucumber and remove the seeds.
- Combine the crab, mayonnaise, onion and Old Bay.
- If you are using the optional sugar and Tabasco, add them also.
- Taste test for flavor and add salt if needed. (Old Bay contains salt, so don't overdo it!).
- Stuff the three cucumber pieces with the crab mixture.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Slice into 1/2" thick slices.
I was looking for an appetizer that was a little different and this one went over really well. I left out the sugar salt and tabasco sauce. Very tasty. Thanks