Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These white apples are actually covered with white chocolate and coconut. Creamy and tasty! Adapted from Country Living magazine. Makes a great Halloween treat!
- 6 -8 fuji apples (or apples of choice)
- 10 ounces white chocolate chips
- 4 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- Remove stems and skewer apples by twisting off the stems. If your skewer is blunt, sharpen with a utility knife to slice off one end at an angle. Then, working on a flat surface, firmly grip your apple and push the skewer two thirds of the way inches If any juice leaks out, blot the fruit with a paper towel before dipping.
- In a double boiler over low heat, melt the white chocolate chips, stirring continuously.
- Dip an apple into the chocolate, then immediately dip the apple into a bowl of shredded coconut, rotating to coat evenly.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Repeat for all apples and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Very good. What is not to love when eating apples? The added chocolate and coconut are great. The kids loved them too. Made for PRMR!