Take a break from all of those complex and time-consuming Christmas cookies to bake up these simple, yet delicious treats! No one will ever guess that they started from a refrigerated cookie dough! From Pillsbury.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, break up the cookie dough.
- Stir or knead in cocoa and vanilla until well blended.
- Divide dough in half; wrap each in plastic wrap. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar and both red and green sugars; set aside.
- Shape half of the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining half of the dough.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets and roll in red and green powdered sugar mixture; place on wire racks to cool.
These cookies are delicious! I make them mostly at Christmastime, but I have changed the color of the sugars for different times of the year. Our kids LOVE them--eating them and helping to roll them in the sugar. These are always a big hit.
These are delicious and easy. They taste like brownies. My sons just love them. You're right, no one will know they start with a refrigerated cookie mix!