Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
I remember helping my dad make this quite often. We found it by accident in a church cookbook. I remember some friends asking for the recipe and then theirs never turned out the same so they would invite my dad and I over to help cook the biscuits.
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup warm water (Not Hot)
- 1⁄4 cup melted oleo
- Dissolve yeast in water (let set 5 minutes).
- Sift flour,add sugar and salt; mix well, slowly. Add yeast water and melted oleo, mixing well.
- Let rise 30 minutes.
- Knead out on floured cloth. Cut into biscuits. Bake 30 minutes at 425°F.