Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
O-O-O good. If you like Oreo cookies, you'll love these truffle-like cookies (or are they candy?). I got this recipe from Brenda C at a cookie exchange in 2006, and it's made it to the top of my easy/yummy sweets list.
- 1 (18 ounce) packageregular Oreo cookies (can use mint)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (24 ounce) package white almond bark (1 lb 8 oz)
- Crush the oreos really well and mix with cream cheese (can use blender or mixer.).
- Roll into walnut size balls.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Melt the almond bark in microwave.
- Dip chilled balls into melted almond bark and set up on wax paper.
- You can decorate with drizzles of opposite color almond bark or sprinkles, if desired.
- Keep them refrigerated. Try to share!
These were good but very sweet. I made these at Easter for dessert and everyone enjoyed them. I followed the recipe as written. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
SO EASY and yummy! I took about 3 cookies out of the package before putting them in the food processor and it was fine. I also used 1 lb of almond bark and it was more than enough (we had some leftover). It made 35 for me. I will definitely make these next Christmas (ok, before then too) as a cute add to a cookie platter. Thanks!
Killer recipe, AngieME. Easy, but sooooo good. They were the hit of the holidays! These will be on my list to make EVERY year. I dipped the top of the white chocolate balls in melted semisweet chocolate (had some left over from another recipe) - pretty! (and even more deadly!) Thanks!