Recipe by RushinBear
Put this dish together this weekend as an experiment because I wasn't sure what to cook snoek with (besides apricot jam)and it turned out beautifully - hope you enjoy it too!
- 1 cleaned and butterflied snoek
- 500 g back bacon
- 1 orange
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (dhania)
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fresh butterflied snoek on lightly oiled tin foil, flesh facing up.
- Lightly salt the flesh.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 orange onto the snoek.
- Chop all of the coriander (dhania) and cover the flesh completely.
- Cover the coriander with bacon strips placed flat on top like a blanket.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook for 15 - 20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the flesh) in closed tin foil at 180 degrees celcius, and then open the tin foil and grill the bacon for a few minutes until crispy.