Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Ahhh, me and my cookies! (no complaints from the family, just getting to be somewhat like a following!) Just an idea variation to get more chocolate into each bite...you can easily make one batch to showcase an assortment of candy, since all the classics come in minis. *prep time does not include the 1 hour chilling time.*
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag Snickers miniature candy bars (you'll need 1 for each cookie)
- 4 ounces white chocolate or 4 ounces milk chocolate or 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the sugar and butter in a medium bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed; scrape sides of bowl as needed.
- Add egg and vanilla; blend well.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; gradually blend in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt just until combined.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Shape dough into 1" balls; space 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Make an indentation in the center of each cooke with the back of a spoon or a finger. (the edges may slightly.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. Cool cookies on cookie sheets for 1 minute; transfer cookies to wire racks and immediately press a mini Snicker's into each center. Cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate and shortening together over low heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over each cooke; let stand until set.