Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
If you like peanut butter and chocolate, this is the cookie for you! They are really addictive. I found the recipe in a magazine at some point, but they are a Christmas tradition now in our home! Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20 ounce) package Snickers miniature candy bars
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shortening
- Combine butter, peanut butter, and sugars using a mixer on a medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture.
- Cover and chill dough for 2-3 hours.
- Divide dough into 1 Tbsp pieces and flatten. Place a Snickers bar in the center of each piece of dough; roll into a ball, with the Snickers in the center.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 10 -12 minutes. They will NOT change color, don't overbake.
- Let cookies cool on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave and drizzle over cookies.
I make these cookies every christmas. They are soooo delicious. I always seem to get close to 4 dozen from this recipe. I know they're prettier with the drizzle, but I usually skip it and they're still fantastic.
My kids loved these and they were gone in no time at all! They go together quickly and are worth the time and effort. A new favorite cookie for us here! Thanks for sharing Rachie! Karen