Recipe by Rachie P
If you like peanut butter and chocolate, this is the cookie for you! They are really addictive. I found the recipe in a magazine at some point, but they are a Christmas tradition now in our home! Enjoy!
Top Review by nanner18411
I make these cookies every christmas. They are soooo delicious. I always seem to get close to 4 dozen from this recipe. I know they're prettier with the drizzle, but I usually skip it and they're still fantastic.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20 ounce) package Snickers miniature candy bars
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, peanut butter, and sugars using a mixer on a medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture.
- Cover and chill dough for 2-3 hours.
- Divide dough into 1 Tbsp pieces and flatten. Place a Snickers bar in the center of each piece of dough; roll into a ball, with the Snickers in the center.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 10 -12 minutes. They will NOT change color, don't overbake.
- Let cookies cool on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave and drizzle over cookies.