Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe from Paula Deen's chocolate celebration special edition magazine. The picture looks delicious so I thought I would post it so everyone could enjoy it!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Chocolate Frosting Recipe
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 (2 1/8 ounce) Snickers candy bars, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a 9 inch baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Lightly grease foil.
- In a large boil, combine butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Spread chocolate frosting over hot cake. Let cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.
- Chocolate Frosting:.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Add cocoa and buttermilk, whisking until cocoa dissolves.
- Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in snickers bars. Immediately spread over hot cake.