Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Description:When you think of Fall I think of Apples - Carmel Apples! Try this nifty salad - it sounds odd but is very tasty! I have used FAT Free Cream Cheese, Cool Whip and Sugar Free Pudding and it still tastes great!!!! Cook time is chill time. What I like is the look on people's faces when they ask WHAT'S IN IT?
- 6 (2 1/4 ounce) Snickers candy bars, chill and cut into small pieces
- 6 apples, cored and cut into bite sized pieces (I like Granny Smith Apples)
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 (5 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix (dry – do not prepare)
- Mix pudding into whipped topping stirring well till mixed thoroughly.
- Add Snickers and apple pieces to pudding mixture stir well and chill till ready to serve.
I didn't even get a chance to try it!!! Made this for DH birthday party and it was gone before I knew it! I have to agree that it was too thick and I added about 1/2 cup of milk to the pudding & cool whip mixture, it was still thick, that's the only reason for the 4 stars. I used sugar free cool whip, 3 snickers bars in the salad & one crushed on top for garanish, 4 small granny smith apples, and one sliced on top for garnish. This was gone lickity split & my guests loved it. Maybe the CREAM CHEESE mentioned in the description should have been added to the ingredient list??? I didn't use cream cheese, but it could have been omitted? It was confusing that it's mentioned in the description and not included in the recipe.
Try freezing the snickers bars and smashing them with a hammer.
It was a tasty recipe. the best part about it, was that if you remove the apples and put more snickers bars in it, then you have a snickers pudding that could satisfy even the sweetest of sweet tooths.