Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I put this together quickly when DH was having one of his chocci attacks. I am not much of a chocolate eater but I have to say I had to have some of this and it actually tops any chocolate sauce I have ever had and so fast!! It was a hit with my chocolate loving DH and hopefully it will be with you too.
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) Snickers candy bars
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) Mars bars
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cream (more or less to desired consistency)
- Slice the chocolate bars into chunks.
- Melt chocolate chunks with butter in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water; stir occasionally until all is melted.
- Remove from heat; pour in cream to desired consistency and mix well.
WOW! The kids loved this one!! I made as directed but skipped the butter. It's a lovely fudgy kinda sauce, a great treat for the family!!
I had this while living in Holland. My stepson and his wife prepared a lovely dinner for us and at the end of the meal served plain vanilla ice cream. But the treat was in this topping, which turned a simple dish of ice cream into a wonderful memory. Try this and you won't ever buy chocolate topping again. Thanks for sharing this on Zaar.