Recipe by Sassy in da South
Another recipe using that wonderful Snickers candy bar. I have not tried this recipe yet but wanted to add it to save for my collection.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) Snickers candy bars, crushed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- To the remaining crumb mixture, add baking soda and salt.
- Beat egg, buttermilk and vanilla; add to the crumb mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 11x7x2-in. baking pan.
- Combine candy bars, pecans and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350ºF. for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.