Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is easy to make and it came from adopting different parts of a lot of recipes into one convenient fix. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 20 unwrapped caramels
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted margarine (butter works too- margarine is easier to work with)
- In large bowl mix Oreos, flour, and sugar together. Drizzle with margarine and mix until all ingredients are coated. Press dough into 9-inch pie pan with fingers and chill in fridge for approx 1 hour to firm.
- In microwave safe bowl, place caramels and 4 tablespoons milk in microwave for approx 1 minute or until caramels are halfway melted. Remove bowl and stir until mixture becomes smooth (place in microwave again if caramels aren't melted enough).
- With a mixer or in a blender, blend on high the cream cheese and condensed milk (you may want to break up the cream cheese and add it to the condensed milk). Once blended add eggs one at a time. When all ingredients are mixed let the mixture beat for about 1 minute.
- Coat pie crust with caramel sauce until all edges and bottom are coated--put in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Remove pie crust from fridge and pour cream cheese mixture into pie crust. Place in oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes at 300°F Remove when edge is slightly golden or when toothpick can be removed cleanly.
- Let cheesecake cool for approx 30 minutes.
- In double boiler, mix 1/4 cup milk and chocolate on low heat; stir frequently. Drizzle chocolate over cheesecake.
- Place in fridge. Take out when ready to serve (if you want to serve right away, place it in the fridge for 15 minutes).
I won't make this again because it didn't tickle my tastebuds. I prefer a creamier, richer cheesecake. I'm new to cooking cheesecake, so I obviously need to keep looking for the right recipe for me. That said, the others who ate this said it was "good" (but not "exquisite" or "divine"). Other notes: I went ahead and melted extra caramel to drizzle on top with the chocolate. Made it pretty and also yummy. I really liked how the recipe called for a layer of caramel on top of the crust. Nice touch. Finally, it just doesn't seem right to call this "Snickers Cheesecake" because it doesn't have peanuts in it!