Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy way to make gourmet looking and tasting caramel apples.
Make and share this Snickers Caramel Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Wash apples and dry thoroughly.
- Stick the wooden sticks into the bottom of each apple.
- Combine the caramels and water in a large glass container (approximately large enough to hold 4 cups) for 1-2 minutes in the microwave.
- Stir occasionally until smooth.
- Layer the bottom of a large cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Dip each apple in caramel mixture and ensure it is thoroughly coated, rolling it in the mixture.
- Place on waxed paper and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
- Chop snickers up into medium to small bits, and spread out on waxed paper.
- Place milk chocolates in the microwave for about 15 seconds to melt.
- Stir until smooth.
- Dip apples into the chocolate (may dip half or the whole apple).
- Roll apple in the snickers bits.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- *Can substitute M&M's, peanuts, coconut, mini chocolate chips etc. for the snickers