Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a QUICK AND EASY CAKE!!!! Try this cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.........OHHHHHHH SOOOOOOOO GGGGOOOOODDDDD!!!!!!!!!
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (peanuts or pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix and bake cake as directed on box in a 9x13 pan.
- After baking, while still hot, pour caramel ice cream topping over cake.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and chopped nuts over the caramel layer.
- Serve warm or after cake has cooled.
This recipe was very simple to make and very very very goooood! I let my neighbors try a slice and they really loved it. It is a keeper in my cookbook.
This cake is very very good. It was super easy to make and was a big hit with my family. I was concerned about heating the caramel sauce but there was no need. I spooned it right out of the jar onto the hot cake and it melted beautifully. I sprinkled with chocolate chips but left out the nuts. Wonderful !! Thank you for the recipe.