Recipe by Hey Jude
This Snickers pie is different from some others I've seen posted. There is no cool-whip or pudding mix in this one. It's delicious and great for parties as you can make it a day ahead.
Top Review by mrspiska
Thanks for posting this great recipe. I am not crazy about pudding filling. I used a store bought chocolate graham cracker crust and used half of recipe to fill. I also used semi sweet chocolate and froze a candy bar and cracked it and but it on top. It was like a dessert in a restaurant. I might use choc grahams in a larger pie plate and fill it with full recipe for a holiday. that little hint of sour cream is awesome. thanks! Scrumptious!!
- 1 9-inch pie shell
- 5 (2 1/8 ounce) Snickers candy bars
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Place pie crust in a glass pie pan and bake for 5-7 minutes, or till very light golden brown; remove from oven and cool; reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- Cut candy bars in half lengthwise; cut into 1/4-inch pieces and arrange over bottom of the partially baked crust.
- Combine sugar and cream cheese; beat until smooth; add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition; add sour cream and peanut butter, beating until mixture is smooth; spoon over candy bar pieces.
- Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes or until center is set; cool 2 hours or until completely cooled.
- Heat whipping cream in a small saucepan until very warm; remove from heat and add chocolate chips, stir until melted and mixture is smooth; spread over top of pie.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving; store leftovers in the fridge.