Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from Top Secret Recipes http://www.topsecretrecipes.com
Make and share this Snickers Bar - Copycat recipe from Food.com.
- With the mixer on high speed, combine the corn syrup, butter, vanilla, peanut butter, and salt until creamy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar.
- When the mixture has the consistency of dough, remove it from the bowl with your hands and press it into a lightly greased 9x9-inch pan.
- Set in the refrigerator.
- Melt the caramels in a small pan over low heat. When the caramel is soft, mix in the peanuts.
- Pour the mixture over the refrigerated nougat in the pan.
- let this cool in the refrigerator.
- When the refrigerated mixture is firm, melt the chocolate over low heat in a double boiler or in a microwave oven set on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir halfway through cooking time. When the mixture in the pan has hardened, cut it into 2x1-inch sections.
- Set each chunk onto a fork and dip into the melted chocolate. Tap the fork against the side of the bowl or pan to knock off any excess chocolate. Then place the chunks on waxed paper to cool at room temperature (less than 70 degrees F). This could take several hours, but the bars will set best this way.
- You can speed up the process by placing the bars in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.