1 hr 30 mins
Todd Wilbur's Note:
from Top Secret Recipes http://www.topsecretrecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With the mixer on high speed, combine the corn syrup, butter, vanilla, peanut butter, and salt until creamy.
- 2Slowly add the powdered sugar.
- 3When the mixture has the consistency of dough, remove it from the bowl with your hands and press it into a lightly greased 9x9-inch pan.
- 4Set in the refrigerator.
- 5Melt the caramels in a small pan over low heat. When the caramel is soft, mix in the peanuts.
- 6Pour the mixture over the refrigerated nougat in the pan.
- 7let this cool in the refrigerator.
- 8When the refrigerated mixture is firm, melt the chocolate over low heat in a double boiler or in a microwave oven set on high for 2 minutes.
- 9Stir halfway through cooking time. When the mixture in the pan has hardened, cut it into 2x1-inch sections.
- 10Set each chunk onto a fork and dip into the melted chocolate. Tap the fork against the side of the bowl or pan to knock off any excess chocolate. Then place the chunks on waxed paper to cool at room temperature (less than 70 degrees F). This could take several hours, but the bars will set best this way.
- 11You can speed up the process by placing the bars in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snickers Bar - Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (1358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 60.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g