Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Kids of all ages love these!
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 (2 1/2 ounce) Snickers candy bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 12 standard-size muffin tin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add peanut butter and mix until mixture turns into coarse crumbs.
- In seperate bowl, combine butter, egg and milk.
- Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, about 15 seconds.
- Lightly mix in Snickers pieces, about 10 seconds.
- It's okay if small bits of unmoistened flour remain.
- Do not overmix.
- Evenly dollop batter into cups of prepared muffin tin.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops are golden and just firm when lightly touched.
- Set pan on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes, then remove muffins and set on wire rack to cool.
One child loved these, one child didn't care for them, but the friend I made them for LOVED them. Will definitely make these again. I thought they were pretty darn good.
I tried these from How to Be A Domestic Goddess and they were very popular with my kids and my guests. I didn't have snickers, so I used a combination of fun-size twix and peanut butter cups. Snickers would have been better, but they were still good. I also made a glaze with chocolate chips and cream to drizzle all over the top.
It was okay, but to me the flavor was lacking. Not a recipe I would make again, I think.