Everyone I know loves these cookies. I took a batch to a party once and disappeared within 30 min. with people asking for more. I especially like the cinnamon and sugar. I must admit, it is not my creation; I got it from the Pillsbury Complete Book of Baking.
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Next, in a large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups sugar and margarine until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs and blend well.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, and mix well.
- Mix 2 Tbsp sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon in small bowl.
- Shape the dough into balls (approx 1-inch or whatever your preference) and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 7 to 9 minutes or until set.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets and cool completely.