Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
That is just what these cookies are; a dream! Crispy edges, soft insides,cinnamon-sugary heaven.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 354.88 ml white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 650.62 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml cream of tartar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 44.37 ml white sugar
- 14.78 ml ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cream together by hand, butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla.
- Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt.
- With small ice cream scoop, shape dough into small balls.
- In a ziplock sandwich bag, mix the 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.
- Drop one ball of dough in mixture at a time and coat well.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes, remove immediately from baking sheets and cool on wire rack.
Hands down the best Snickerdoodle recipe on this site. Thanks!
These really are dreamy cookies: Tender and chewy with perfect Snickerdoodle taste! I doubled the salt and made four dozen cookies. My family loved them!!