Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
This recipe makes a slightly more chewy snickerdoodle cookie these cookies spread so be sure cookie sheet is cooled between batches...
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
CINNAMON SUGAR MIXTURE FOR ROLLING
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease several baking sheets.
- In large bowl, sift flour, cream of tartar and soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In another bowl with mixer running on medium speed.beat butter, sugar, and corn syrup till blended.
- Beat in half the flour mixture till combined and then stir in remaining flour mixture. Let mixture rest about 10 minutes or until it is firmed up slightly.
- In a small bowl, put 1/4 cup sugar and 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon; mix well.
- Roll cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- With lightly greased hands, roll each ball in cinnamon sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet 2 1/2 inches apart; slightly flatten with your hands.
- Bake cookies 11 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Let cookies stand on sheet about 2 minutes then remove to wire rack.
These cookies had a good flavor; however, they were not chewy at all. Also instructions were missing when to add egg and vanilla.