Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yep, these got a blue ribbon too.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour, enriched sifted
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Place butter in mixing bowl, blend in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Add the flour, a little at a time and mix well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Mix the sugar & cinnamon on a piece of waxed paper.
- Shape the dough into small balls. Roll cookie balls into the sugar-cinnamon mixture and place on an ungreased cookies sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
well these were very good and the taste was worth 5 stars but i am a bit confused at the ingredient list. first i only got 17 small cookies from this recipe and second they did not rise or move so the fist pan i got little balls and the second pan i smashed them with a cup so i got little discs.. there is nothing in this recipe to make the dough rise or flatten? it is very odd there is no way i could have gotten 36 out of this unless they were pea size... like i said the taste was great so if you dont care for presentation these cookies are fantastic.. i used almond that i toasted first for the nuts.. very tasty thanks