Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've been making these cookies since I was a little girl! They are simple, yet delicious! (Prep time includes 1 hour chilling time)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a small plate, mix together 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
- Roll dough into balls about the size of a walnut.
- Roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, leaving room between each ball.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
Great cookie. I agree that 1 hr in the freezer is better than 1 hr refrigerated.
I like this recipe because it makes a small batch. 2 dozen is just right. Very easy to makeI chilled the dough over night. I used my Extra Fancy Vietnamese Cassia Cinnamon form Penzeys Spices. Mom makes snicker doodles when she is in a baking mode but at 82 yrs young she does not bake much any more. Made for *PAC Fall 2007* game