1/1 Photo of Snickerdoodles
My aunt Sis used to work summers as a cook for a California Division of Forestry firefighting crew. These were one of their favorites (and mine!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening, 1-1/2 cups sugar, and eggs.
- 2Sift flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt together and add to sugar mixture.
- 3Mix together 2 tbsp sugar and cinnamon.
- 4Roll dough into balls the size of small walnuts and roll in cinnamon sugar.
- 5Place two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 400°F for ten minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 6Cookies will puff up, then flatten out with crinkled tops.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snickerdoodles
Serving Size: 1 (993 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1498.0
- Calories from Fat 654
- Total Fat 72.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 857.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 198.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 108.9 g
- Protein 16.0 g