Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening or 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- COMBINE 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, shortening, eggs, milk and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.
- COMBINE remaining 1⁄2 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 7 to 8 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
- COLORED SUGAR SNICKERDOODLES: Add 2 teaspoons cinnamon to flour mixture in Step 3. Combine 3 tablespoons colored sugar and 3 tablespoons granulated sugar to use for coating instead of cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- TIP - Cinnamon-sugar mixture can be put in resealable plastic food storage bag. Place 2 to 3 cookie dough balls at a time in bag. Seal. Shake to sugar-coat dough.