Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
(one of my favorites)
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix together thoroughly the shortening, sugar and eggs.
- Sift together and stir in flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Roll into balls the size of small walnuts.
- Roll in mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in medium to hot (400 degrees) oven until lightly brown but still soft. These cookies puff up at first, then flatten out with crinkled tops.
I had misplaced my recipe and used this one instead. It is excellent and made exactly 60 cookies as promised. I have added it to my own collection now. Many thanks for sharing.
My recipe for these is long gone, but I used to make them all the time when my sons were growing up. It didn't take long for a batch to disappear. Thank you for adding your recipe to the data base. They were perfect and I'm certain that I will be making them often once more.