- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together thoroughly the shortening, sugar and eggs.
- Sift together and stir in flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Roll into balls the size of small walnuts.
- Roll in mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in medium to hot (400 degrees) oven until lightly brown but still soft. These cookies puff up at first, then flatten out with crinkled tops.