Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
I saw that there are tons of snickerdoodle recipes on zaar, but I didn't see this one!! I found the recipe in cooking light and besides being simple to make they taste amazing!!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter in a medium bowl; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and egg.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt; stirring well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat just until combined.
- In a small shallow dish combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls and roll in sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes or until tops crack.
Reviewed as part of PAC 09 Spring. A very good cookie. The outside had a nice, delicate crisp while still having a chewy inside. It is very cinnamony- but that's what a snickerdoodle is all about. I baked on a plain cookie sheet and a non-stick cookie sheet. The plain cookie sheet took 8 minutes and the non-stick took 10 minutes. 11 yr old DD took the picture.
delicious! and very easy to make. i made them for a xmas party so i should have doubled the recipe. as written it makes about 18 cookies.
I was hoping for a more fluffy cookie and these are quite flat and chewy. They are very tasty, just not what I was looking for.