Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are one of my favorite cookies. I usually just use 2 sticks of butter, because I don't care for margarine, and never know what to do with the other 3 sticks. These are delicious and quite addictive.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml oleo
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 650.62 ml flour, sifted
- 9.85 ml cream of tartar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cinnamon
- Cream butter, oleo and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients; add to egg mixture.
- Mix thoroughly and put in refrigerator overnight.
- Roll into balls the size of walnut; roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet at 375F, 8-10 minute.
- Let stand one minute before removing from cookie sheet. 5-6 doz.
GREAT recipe. I did make a few alteration: I used lemon juice instead of cream of tartar and used a 3:1 ratio of sugar to cinnamon. Also, it took the full ten minutes to bake. I will use this recipe whenever I want to make snickerdoodles! Makes a soft middle and crispy outside, so wonderful results.