Recipe by ~Bliss~
These are one of my favorite cookies. I usually just use 2 sticks of butter, because I don't care for margarine, and never know what to do with the other 3 sticks. These are delicious and quite addictive.
Top Review by C.M.
GREAT recipe. I did make a few alteration: I used lemon juice instead of cream of tartar and used a 3:1 ratio of sugar to cinnamon. Also, it took the full ten minutes to bake. I will use this recipe whenever I want to make snickerdoodles! Makes a soft middle and crispy outside, so wonderful results.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, oleo and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients; add to egg mixture.
- Mix thoroughly and put in refrigerator overnight.
- Roll into balls the size of walnut; roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet at 375F, 8-10 minute.
- Let stand one minute before removing from cookie sheet. 5-6 doz.