Recipe by Kelley Maillard
My mom used to make these when we were little. My daughter took these to school for her birthday, and the kids just devoured them! I'm guessing on the prep time as I don't really remember how long it took last time I made these.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix shortening, sugar and eggs thouroughly.
- Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; add to shortening mixture and mix well.
- Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar together.
- Shape dough into balls the size of small walnuts; roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place on cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes.