Recipe by Jane' Burch
I got this one from my mom. I'm not sure where she got it. It is one of our favorites.
- 1 cup soft shortening (Crisco Butter flavored)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix shorting, sugar, and eggs in large bowl. Combine flour, salt, and cream of tarter together in a separate bowl.
- Stir in flour mix. Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll balls in cinnamon sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten if desired with fork.
- Bake until set, about 10-12 minutes.
- *Cream of Tarter can be left out if you don’t have it or can’t find it.