Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
One of my favorites.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- To make the cookie dough, stir together the dry ingredients.
- In a bowl, cream the butter. Add the sugar and continue to mix, then add the eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Chill dough 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll balls of dough about the size of a walnut then roll them in the cinnamon sugar to coat. (may need more sugar and cinnamon to taste.)
- Place on an un-greased sheet pan 2 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until puffed up and the surface is slightly cracked.
- Let cool on the sheet pan a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- These should be moist, not crisp so be careful not to over bake.