- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon-sugar mixture
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs together using a mixer.
- In a separate bowl, sift together all dry ingredients except cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- A little at a time, add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter/sugar, mixing to incorporate the flour mixture before adding more.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator until it is firm enough to roll into balls (check it after about 15 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using about a tablespoon, roll dough between your palms to form a small ball.
- Roll each ball in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet, making sure you space them about 2 inches apart since they spread quite a lot.
- NOTE: After making each cookie sheet of balls, put the dough back into the refrigerator until you are ready to make the next batch so that it stays chilled enough to handle easily.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking pan, and then let them cool completely on wire racks before packing them into cookie tins.