Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I love these cookies! They are slightly crisp on the outside and so soft and tender on the inside. These are my dad's favorite cookies- I made them for him often. This recipe uses both shortening and butter.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar together.
- Add eggs and beat just until mixed.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, soda, and salt and mix well.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon and sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheets and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheets for 2-4 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Store covered in a plastic bag or container.
This is probably the best snickerddodle recipe that I have tried. Exactly the way that I like them, crunchy on the outside and soft in the midle.
This is the classic snickerdoodle recipe I've been looking for! It's perfect. I didn't have shortening and used all butter instead, so I think they spread out a little more. I can't wait to make these again with shortening.
These are fabulous cookies! I added a teaspoon of vanilla and decreased the cream of tartar slightly. I found it easiest to scoop the cookie balls onto one big sheet, then let them firm up in the fridge before rolling and sugaring them. This recipe is going into my file immediately!