Recipe by Cynna
Mmmm...just like Mom used to make! A soft, scrumptious, sugary delight! These are perfect for the children on a crisp afternoon after school or for the adults (after the kids are in bed) in front of a nice cozy fire. Ahhhh, the memories!
Top Review by QueenBee49444
Delicious cookies and very easy to make too. I added a chocolate wafer on top of each cookie immediately after taking them out of the oven. Yum-yum!!! Thanks for posting this recipe. Made for a great group of 4th grade students who deserve a treat from their library lady.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in your mixer.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture.
- Add milk and mix until well combined.
- Put dough in refrigerator to for 15-20 minutes to firm a little.
- Add remaining 1/4 sugar and 2 tsp of cinnamon in a bowl and combine.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll into 1- inch balls and toss in sugar mixture.
- Place on parchment-lined sheets and bake at 375° for about 8-10 minutes.