Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My daughter brought this home from her first grade cooking class in school.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix the cinnamon with the sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the margarine, sugar and eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients and form small balls.
- Roll the balls in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Place on a cookie sheet 5 centimeters apart (they spread as they bake).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 190 degrees Celsius (375 F).
- Remove from the tray immediately.
These are my DD's favorite cookie. They make the house smell so wonderful! Thanks for posting it.
Wonderful! Made a rainy day brighter! DS loved helping in the kitchen. We added green sugar sprinkles to the coating for a touch of color.
Thank you for sharing this recipe! I am on a never-ending quest to send my dh homemade cookies every week~ and i believe that these cookies are another success! The only change I made was to add 1 tsp of cinnamon to the dough also (I love cinnamon!) They are simple to make, yet tasty! Thanks so much for sharing!