Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Back in the 80's my girlfriend had just had her first baby and invited me over and made these cookies, this is the first time I had ever tasted snickerdoodles. The next day, remembering how good they were, I called her for the recipe. Have been making them ever since. I like to double this recipe, because at my house these only last a few hours.
- Creme together crisco, butter sugar egg and vanilla.
- sift together flour, soda, salt.
- Add to butter mixture.
- Add milk, mix well.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a sm.
- ceral bowl.
- I always refrigerate dough for about 15 minute.
- for easier handling.
- Roll in to balls about 1 in in dia.
- and dip in sugar and cinnamon.
- Place on cookie sheet (ungreased) and bake at 375.
Yummy yummy! I didn't have the Crisco so I used all margarine...and guess what? It worked! Yummy comfort food. Makes the house smell delicious.
OUTSTANDING!!!! I substituted butter for the crisco and they are fabulous! Crisp outer layer from the sugar and soft delicious inside. Yum!
This is a wonderful recipe. My nana used to make these, they turned out just like hers. Thank you so much for posting.