Prep 6 hrs
Cook 1 hr
pretty cookies that are loved by all ages
Make and share this Snickerdoodle Pinwheels recipe from Food.com.
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml butter
- 85.04 g cream cheese
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 631.69 ml flour
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 28.39 ml cinnamon-sugar mixture
- combine the 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- beat butter and cream cheese on medium for 30 seconds.
- Beat in 1 cup sugar and baking powder.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Beat in flour.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Divide in half. Roll half of dough between two pieces of wax paper into 12 x 8 rectangle. Remove top wax paper.
- Brush rolled dough with half of melted butter. Sprinkle with 2 T. of cinammon-sugar mix.
- Beginning with short side, roll up dough using wax paper to guide seal.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Roll rolls in remaining cinamon-sugar mixture. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill 4-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375. Cut rolls into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for one minute, tranfer to wire rack.
Great concept & looks pretty but I found the cookie to be a little tough. The first chilling time made the dough harder to roll perhaps resulting in overworking it. If I had time, I would try this again but will have to save my experiemnting for after the holidays. Thanks for posting!