These are so easy to make and nutritious. My kids eat them up. Taste just like a snickerdoodle cookie. You got to try it.
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons margarine or 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 400?F. Spray bottoms only of mini muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- For muffins, combine flour, oats, sugar and baking powder in large bowl; mix well. In small bowl, combine milk, egg, margarine and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle topping evenly over tops of muffins.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.