Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
From the Quaker website
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats or 1 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons margarine or 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray bottoms only of mini muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- For muffins, combine flour, oats, sugar and baking powder in large bowl; mix well. In small bowl, combine milk, egg, margarine and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle topping evenly over tops of muffins.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.
- Note: To prepare regular-size muffins, line 12 medium muffin pan cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray. Prepare muffin batter as directed above. Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with topping. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.
The muffin is bland and the topping fell off. The next time I make them I will incorporate the topping into the batter then bake. Hopefully that will add some overall flavor.
First time making snickerdoodle muffins and really enjoyed these little muffins!! Had to stop myself from eating them all ;) Baked them about 15 minutes in a 350F oven. Thanks for sharing! :)
I made these into 12 regular sized muffins following the directions exactly, baking for 19 minutes. These taste fine but there isn't a ton of flavor to them, I don't think. They don't taste anything like a snickerdoodle to me. The oatmeal does give them a nice texture, but with their lack of flavor I'm not sure I'll make them again.