Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a creation I came up with when I needed a dessert and was asked to bring Snickerdoodles again. They're delicious!!! And easy, to boot!!!! Cinnamon-y cookies, with cold, creamy ice cream in the middle!! They go fast!!! You can mix it up with your favorite ice cream. I recommend the cinnamon ice cream, or plain vanilla. And we've even tried Fried Mexican Ice cream!! Use your favorite snickerdoodle recipe...I prefer Charmie's Snickerdoodles! I'm including this recipe here. The amounts are approximate, cuz it really depends upon how big your cookies are and how much ice cream you put in the middle.
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- 1⁄2 gallon ice cream (vanilla or cinnamon)
- FOR SNICKERDOODLES:.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Stir together flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Beat butter for 30 seconds.
- Add the 2 cups sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, beating until well blended.
- Form dough into golf-ball sized balls (or larger) - dough will be sticky.
- Roll in mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
- Place 2-inches apart on greased cooked sheet.
- Flatten with bottom of glass or hand. They need to be flattened a little more than when making regular snickerdoodles.
- Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes until light golden and just beginning to crack on top. This will vary according to the size of the cookies. But look at them and make sure there are no "shiny" parts.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- FOR ICE CREAM SANDWICHES:.
- Match cookies by size into pairs.
- Turn one cookie upside-down and place a generous scoop of ice cream (slightly softened, but not too much).
- Quickly place other cookie on top and press down little to smash the ice cream.
- Immediately wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in freezer.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Freeze until firm.