1/1 Photo of Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches
1 hr 30 mins
This is a creation I came up with when I needed a dessert and was asked to bring Snickerdoodles again. They're delicious!!! And easy, to boot!!!! Cinnamon-y cookies, with cold, creamy ice cream in the middle!! They go fast!!! You can mix it up with your favorite ice cream. I recommend the cinnamon ice cream, or plain vanilla. And we've even tried Fried Mexican Ice cream!! Use your favorite snickerdoodle recipe...I prefer Charmie's Snickerdoodles! I'm including this recipe here. The amounts are approximate, cuz it really depends upon how big your cookies are and how much ice cream you put in the middle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1FOR SNICKERDOODLES:.
- 2Preheat oven to 375°.
- 3Stir together flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- 4Beat butter for 30 seconds.
- 5Add the 2 cups sugar and beat until fluffy.
- 6Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- 7Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, beating until well blended.
- 8Form dough into golf-ball sized balls (or larger) - dough will be sticky.
- 9Roll in mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
- 10Place 2-inches apart on greased cooked sheet.
- 11Flatten with bottom of glass or hand. They need to be flattened a little more than when making regular snickerdoodles.
- 12Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes until light golden and just beginning to crack on top. This will vary according to the size of the cookies. But look at them and make sure there are no "shiny" parts.
- 13Cool completely on wire rack.
- 14FOR ICE CREAM SANDWICHES:.
- 15Match cookies by size into pairs.
- 16Turn one cookie upside-down and place a generous scoop of ice cream (slightly softened, but not too much).
- 17Quickly place other cookie on top and press down little to smash the ice cream.
- 18Immediately wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in freezer.
- 19Repeat with remaining cookies.
- 20Freeze until firm.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.2
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 88.8 mg
- Sodium 262.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g