Recipe by Muffin Goddess
I don't have an ice cream maker yet, but when I finally get one, this is a recipe I definitely want to try out. This is a 1-quart recipe, but it can be doubled for a 2-quart ice cream maker. Adapted from the Land O'Lakes website. Prep time may vary depending on the ice cream maker.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
OMG good!!! Made as directed and it was perfect. Made to go with pie for our Thanksgiving dinner and everyone (from the youngest to the oldest) kept sneaking in to the freezer for just one more taste. Love the cinnamon, brown sugar flaovers, topped with recipe#490682 for just the right decadence and it was AWESOME. Thanks so much for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (freshly ground if available)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half (the fat-free version can be used)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract