Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I don't have an ice cream maker yet, but when I finally get one, this is a recipe I definitely want to try out. This is a 1-quart recipe, but it can be doubled for a 2-quart ice cream maker. Adapted from the Land O'Lakes website. Prep time may vary depending on the ice cream maker.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (freshly ground if available)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half (the fat-free version can be used)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugars and spices. Stir in the rest of the ingredients until well-mixed.
- Pour mixture into a 1 quart ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
OMG good!!! Made as directed and it was perfect. Made to go with pie for our Thanksgiving dinner and everyone (from the youngest to the oldest) kept sneaking in to the freezer for just one more taste. Love the cinnamon, brown sugar flaovers, topped with Salted Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce from King Arthur Flour for just the right decadence and it was AWESOME. Thanks so much for posting.
Delicious; not too sweet and more sophisticated than plain vanilla.
Instead of vanilla I accidentally added butter flavoring! It gives a buttery cookie flavor to the ice cream.
I have not made homemade ice cream in over twenty years. When I showed this recipe to my brother- in-law who is a Chef we were both skeptical.No eggs? It was my Mothers 90th birthday and I was trying to replicate the old time dinners we use to have on the farm. We were not disappointed.