Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This looks yummy (and very sweet!) Found on the web.
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 slices white bread
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Heat grill or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk, eggs, salt and vanilla. Pour into a flat dish that is large enough to dip bread slices into.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture and poke with a fork a few times to ensure custard gets all the way through.
- Sprinkle one side generously with cinnamon sugar and place this side face down in lightly greased, preheated pan.
- Sprinkle the top side of the french toast generously with cinnamon sugar. Cook until bottom is browned, then flip and cook through until toast is slightly firm and no longer wet.
Oh yum! This is so good. I really loved the crunchy bit on the edge of the French toast. So good. Thank you for sharing with us. We loved it.
This was great! It was just a small change from the way I usually make French Toast, but a huge difference in the taste! I used whole grain bread because that is what I had, and it was delicious. I'll definately make this again!
To say that my kids snarfed this up would be the understatement of the year--this was soooo yummy! I made half a batch for my 5, 3, and >1 year old, and while it made more slices than 4 (maybe 3-4 for a half batch?) I found myself quickly heading back to the kitchen to make another half (with no breakfast for mama yet!). Thanks for posting what is, apparently, going to be a real keeper around here! Made for ZWT 9, Gourmet Goddesses.