Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This genius recipe comes from the blog chocolatecoveredkatie.com and I LOVE it! :) Ive made a few tweaks to adapt it for what I had on hand and it came out smooth, creamy, cookie-like and just amazing. This is one of the best vegan, healthy dessert recipes Ive tried so far. I hope youll like it, too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chickpeas (I used chickpeas) or 1 1⁄2 cups white beans, drained and rinsed (I used chickpeas)
- 3 tablespoons nut butter (all natural, I used peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla bean (or use 2 ts extract)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon banana, mashed (use a very ripe one if you can)
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds (I used slightly less)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon (feel free to use the amount Katie uses- 2 1/4 ts)
- raisins (optional)
- agave syrup (optional)
- In your food processor or a large bowl combine all of the ingredients except for the raisins, if using them.
- Blend until smooth using either a blender or hand-held blender. If it is too thick, add a tbs or so of water and blend again. Stir in raisins if using.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.