Prep 40 mins
Cook 14 mins
From BH&G Christmas Cookies 2007
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- Cream together butter and cream cheese in a medium bowl for 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup brown sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Beat until combined.
- Beat in as much flour as possible and stir in remaining flour by hand if neccessary.
- Divide dough into thirds and shape into disks.
- Wrap disks in plastic and refridgerate until firm, about one hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Roll each disk into a 9 inch round on a lightly floured surface.
- Lightly brush each round with milk.
- Combine pecans, 2 TbL Brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle evenly over rounds, leaving a 1/2 inch border around each.
- Cut each round into 12 wedges.
- Roll each wedge beginning with the wide end. (Like you roll a Pillsbury Crescent Roll).
- Place one inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14-16 minutes.
- Cool cookies for 2 minutes on cookie sheets after they come out of the ovens.
- Then remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar as a garnish if desired.