Recipe by Chef Petunia
Snickerdoodles are definitely a favorite in our home and when I saw this recipe recently on Pinterest, I knew I had to make them. These cookies call for cinnamon baking chips. The recipe comes from Amy at her cooking blog called Very Culinary.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon baking chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter, shortening, and eggs. Stir in the dry ingredients. Fold in the cinnamon chips.
- Scoop dough into a rounded tablespoon balls (I used a medium sized dough/cookie scoop). Roll balls in the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place 2 inches apart on non-stick cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from sheets and cool completely on a wire rack.