Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very delicious recipe! I need to double it when I make it because as soon as they're off the pan their gone! It is my own recipe. The cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves that goes into the cookies can be substituted with 1 tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 532.32 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.79 ml milk
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml clove
- 118.29 ml nuts, of your choice (optional)
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla, salt, soda, and milk. Continue beating.
- Add 1 teaspoons each cinnamon and nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoons cloves. Continue beating. Add nuts, if using.
- Mix in flour one cup at a time until smooth with a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate dough for 15-20 minutes and or overnight for easier handling.
- While the dough is being refrigerated, combine remaining cinnamon and sugar in a cereal bowl.
- Once the dough is chilled, roll into 1 inch balls and flatten between your palms.
- Dip into the cinnamon-sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. (Usually about 10.).
My DSs (and I) have found we really like snickerdoodles; have had them a few times now over chocolate chip cookies and this is a good one too! I left out the cloves and nuts but otherwise made as written. Will be making these again! Made for Spring PAC 2013.
This is a very delicious recipe!!!!